April 22, 2021

"tell me a story..." #NaPoWriMo Day 22




"tell me a story..." 

what did you want to write 
i wasn't sure right then 
sometimes feeling 
as if my radio was broken 
we went into town 
she had picked out some clothes for me to wear 
cover your skin darling the sun is hotter here 
and we've half a day's light hike yet 
course she was right, i rather liked that she was 
often so, more than me 
about these sorts of things 
we would sing 
melodies each of us knew 
as a high Sun bore down 
we'd find a brief moment 
in the shade of an outcrop 
angle tongue shadow oasis 
we'd stop, drink, kiss and pray 
though not necessarily 
in that order 
she would always ask 
why we were happy 
when we went to quiet places 

tell me a story Edward 
show me how a bird can fly rite 
every time, a sown into me 
tits, wrens, robins, crow 
cocks, hens, warblers, thrushes, 
grackles, sparrows 
and every bird of prey 
that matters 
put them all 
in a pie 
fit for a king 
or queen 
of the realm 
our inner child 
will never ask why



EJR ©  



2 comments:

  1. Hello There, Wonderful to read your words again. I've been doing a bit of catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading them... living an HIA life is sort of being MIA
      from yourself but with a more tactile introspective... glad you
      stopped by, even more so, you cared to comment. <3

      Delete

Hello there ...