January 26, 2017

now go angel dream on that ............................. and make sure you milk the places ................................................ cookies come from ...

The Hudson River
nearing dusk this past Decemer


fed myself a dream  take good care 
where it seems the right thing to do
was I inside the body too early 
are we all too soon for wings to dry 
why do the eyes thirst 
more than any organ 
for sense or direction 
do we all want to be 
sight, flight and seen 
compass hollow boning birds ...

I fed myself dream I
fed myself a dream I
fed myself a dream 
I am tit stained dripping lip 
with a love of legumes 
and nightshade when 
fed myself a dream 
seam stitched 
poppet moppet 
the top lit 
Yule tree 
you'll see 
a stop fit 
dumb rhyme  
sometime ...

when loose change jangling 
the pockets empty 
day before payday 
loosies and a forty 
exit pan-handled 
at the bodega 
wandering the wondering 
of this little river city 
full of joyful thieves, wonder 
and awe my childhood 
and own children's good 
seeing me seeing them 
when I fed 
myself 
a dream 
when 
waving goodbye, our 
bodies were silent movie 
outstretched hands 
silhouettes 
the vignettes 
and worth its 
of this life rounding fifty 
remembered 
as being a big part 
of many lives 
here, where I was born ...

EJR ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there ...