April 14, 2016

how 4pm is the new witching hour .....................................................................#NaPoWriMo2016


photo by Esther Bubley, 1943 ©




can I tell you 
how much I love 
the word tantrum 
mur-t-nat is a demon 
which drives one  
crazy and sullen 
if ignored as a mother 
s-might a toddler 
or inattentive husband 
at times when so deserved 

what's with these 
woolen mittens 
left handed kittens 
everywhere 

is the Sun 
too hot I swear 
you had a place for me too 
when all is said and through 
without cages the zoo
seems a fine place to dine 
or be dined upon 
don't you think 
I waited long enough 
to drink 
your after midnight ...

EJR ©


___________________

* blessed be the unintended prompts from De

4 comments:

  1. "I swear you had a place for me too...."

    Yep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cover time in rose petals and even the bad memories smell divine ...

      Delete
  2. Love this! Thank you for writing it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there ...