April 6, 2015

#NaPoWriMo 2015 no.6

"Elk Bath" A wildfire on the East Fork of the Bitterroot River
on the Sula Complex in the Bitterroot National Forest in Montana, United States
photo by John McColgan, U.S. Forest Service





seeking a smoke and fire to go with...

poem, when I got back, I had 
whiskey, Cointreau, coffee 
ready to brace early April in silk slip
more cold air outside 
keeps seeping inside 
my old house, turns furnace 
bellows toward night again...

I had opened the window 
wanted the murderous world 
to know my poem's 
tender sharp velvet(s) 
its unseen knives, 
its thrown pies in eyes 
its' skies full of what-have-you(s) 
with such notions 
as a return 
on every investment 
for pleasure 
a giving poem...

my dealer called this variety 
pineapple kush something or another 
I didn't really need or want to know 
it was sticky and sweet 
made my basket complete at this underground
black market space exploration store and retreat...

when I am in a sufficiently 
and artificially induced 
low blood sugar orbit...
poem 
can stake me 
to munchies' badlands
I'll be mad for it then
wanting to consume
any and all costumed
digestible temporaries...

"so", I say to poem 
"are you stoned",
"can you
surrender,
any right now, 
you have?
Please,
I'm all take again..."

EJR ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there ...