April 28, 2015

#NaPoWriMo 2015 no.28

Paul Signac
Opus 217
Against the Enamel of a Background Rhythmic
with Beats and Angles, Tones, and Tints,
Portrait of M. Félix Fénéon in 1890.
1890



terrible thing a mind to waste 

hey colorful life for me 
have you any intelligence to spare 
and if so could you start 
to loan shark your smarts 
the dumb asses of this world 
I come across 
wading carousel
highs and lows 
of pleasure
could use a wrench or two 
to get a handle on bolt, nut and screw 
applicable taxing where needed 
we'll bleed the immutable(s) like gold 
and pour them back promises
and keepsake iconography of an after-life...
a place with no struggle or strife...
a place tidy and deserving to play 
the waiting game bait and switch 
shell three card monty 
you know sleight of hand 
is burning the sugarcane fields 
and I am sure your sour words 
will be enticing by then...

I am not a clean person 
I mean I wash, even the places 
unseen but by no means
am I clean...I love warm mud, don't you...

my liver and soul are desires 
fires I play with burning down cities and forests 
between make believe and all I avoid being part of...

reality can be someone else's friend 
not mine mind you, I do not want 
any part of that string 
and box game with Schrödinger's cat... 

poison the observer and count the lies 
terrible things a mind to waste 
here I am cutting 
and pasting 
misdirection
salient solvency seer 
dirty very very dirty

EJR ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there ...