November 2, 2014

ir más allá de la novena puerta y séptimo círculo, a vivir dentro la sueño, día feliz de los muertos...

photo by Edward Rinaldi ©



we all wade the trinity/witch, old man time and fire…


in the temperate forest zones when winter begins to come, they start to give us holidays to celebrate, one after the other, we end up three months drunk with many opportunities to forget sometimes why we give thanks and are mindful of generosity and enduring our own dreams with or without acknowledging the helpful nudges along the way…



 “…one Yule I remember the tin soldiers and nutcracker Cossacks were funnily arranged above the stockings on the mantle, I mean bow-tied gift wrapped boxes I remember leaving under the pine/ the jarred amanitas and sweet ribbons of candy and various oranges I recall scattering about/ nestling them in the boughs with cut out paper stars, written wishes but I do not remember pushing the candlesticks aside and putting the effort into this meticulous diorama-ed meaning of some kind, I mean no, I am quite sure that I didn’t do it…this is one of the reasons I still believe in magic and hallucinogens…sometimes having no answer, is a gift…”



peeled open, thick curtain me, I was cloth looped burlap almost, on an iron rod, I looked out my very old, cracked and taped window I’ve neglected to fix for awhile now/ my writing desk is near the vent where it quiets its clanky roars and I can hear the lurching, hackneyed cries of an outside the words that I write…

I surmise, as do you, the reader and listener, that I see, we are mostly selfie puppeteers, rackets behind glowing electric tether binkie nipple cathode ray nurturing/ we greet change too often with fear based revelry and a numbing hypnosis of long termed bacchanalia/ and as most automotive culture worlds do/ we want our basic things easily stolen with ignorance without care, good, bad or atheist/ we will compete inside ourselves against anyone in everything from calf roping to the idolatry of material stain/ fight until red or blue, coming or going, clandestine to worldwide celebration, we’re Einstein’s speed-time curvatures of what is and isn’t in a cruel jag-cold raw, wind and rain, first Saturday night turning Sunday novena November…

we pay no heed, bleeding our creeds, to the growing number of death angels/ we pillage too, over pore and pod seed vine residues/with haunts of sugar we listen for those with a tenuous grip/ we seek to find where we once had fingerprints all over moments like these/ when we still wanted to be trees eating stars as well…

we never notice soon enough the now hungry sky of Winter approaching us in trough-starved desperation/ desolation and dark wombs slow life, suspend it, breath cellular fertile embraces…

we race, in and out of glass, stone, metal and wood, huddling around oil and gas shelter hearth ovens we leave on, heavily clung with ancient savory and familiar smells/ there are no insects outside anymore/ nor any held little mists that rise nor even the sticky warm dew made when July left night too short to ride/ no, the frost and snow now start to come and go, though not as often as water did when it rained…

EJR ©