November 19, 2014

a worship of want...

illustration by Kay Nielsen ©

this forest winters inside a body's electric holy of holies 


I sought to hold her hand
it was my plan
to temple brush
and canvas show
attraction and allure
slow tracing assured

my fingers crawled
hall to altar
surrendered to alter 
I bare need
for pure desire

the fares to here
bleed seed knees
breadcrumbs, stones
and weaves

my palms and nails
finish quite dirty
and stain sainted
with my covets
and pieces
of how she 
houses my divinity

EJR ©

5 comments:

  1. As always, the desire is palpable and beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, especially the opening and the closing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. This was me, in another life.

      Delete
    2. The way this ends is astounding.

      Delete
  3. Ever turning nouns in verbs
    brings more knots and thorns
    well as ways to temples
    to savoir a sacrifice
    of savage
    Sanctuaries of saints...
    ~ Love it ~ :)x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there ...