June 25, 2012

poem 198 of a poem a day for 2012




Solstice grindstone

on this longest day
I am a weight
wading humanity
in a full beaded ripe
I am the sweat
ready to pour
a scared wipe
of my brow
I am a seed
pausing the Sun
bleeding all the things
I am carrying to blame

my mechanics
my organic mimicry
my selling reason
for understanding to burn
are the tinder timber stands
of the truth
that is my faithlessness  
that is my need
to be every lover

a throated bloom
of hunger drapes
blood beneath the skin
in the songs
of the peepers at night
they are calling on
life’s earnest frenzies
to curl into you
to grind blind paths
that can see
that most of us
are close and thus
are in the dew
blade tilling a rust
to cover what rises
a surrender in the twilight
turning time in
the thick air waiting


EJR ©

1 comment:

  1. 'a surrender in the twilight
    turning time in
    the thick air waiting'....great x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there ...