January 4, 2012

poem 4 of a poem a day for 2012



bunting her sonance 


silence is
what leaps
in sharp bites 
as the car door 
closes against
the cold

I breathe
a thought of you
and it freezes 
everything
about me

you stop time
mesmerize 
my molecules
all the way 
inside each 
non-located 
hidden worn 
weightless 
thinned
exhale 
of you  

this smile 
of night
the Moon
and Venus 
chase hold-tights
to the Sun's 
laggard herald 
Jupiter's golden light  
playing come 
catch me
if you can
and of course 
they always do

every arc
they make from
sonnet to symphony
peels back 
a little more
of the uncertainty
of loneliness
that orbital gravity
pursues through
every sound
that weaves
what ebbs 
and flows
tiny prayers
to throes
in the tides
to paint 
our smells
and dreams
of Spring again
each Winter time


EJR (c)

1 comment:

  1. Man, this is so good:

    "silence is
    what leaps
    in sharp bites
    as the car door
    closes against
    the cold

    I breathe
    a thought of you
    and it freezes
    everything
    about me"

    Seriously. SOOOO good.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there ...