April 3, 2011

NAPOWRIMO for April 2nd



after working at a restaurant for 14 hours

no electron ever rests
until blessed with
the squeeze of night into day
silence  pushes the few hours left
stacks them as plates
might at the end of another shift
up against the dawn
it is the certainty of solitude
that stops my madness from
gifting what i can wing to the wind
whereas being alone
without having to remember
things that are just rungs
to hold onto or swing from or grasp tightly
as the  look ahead
strap-hanger might
rushing home
to a nest that spills with what fills
their lives in their daily consumptive whispers
  THIS
I have always loved
what words
steal from me in the dark
a longing to be carried as
a memory might
when it fades
and I begin
to paint anew what has peeled
and cracked 
revealing all the blue
in the crawl
back towards morning

1 comment:

  1. "THIS
    I have always loved
    what words
    steal from me in the dark"

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there ...