April 19, 2021

She taught me how to walk my humanity............ #NaPoWriMo Day 19




becoming Rapunzel's shoes 
at the foot of my bed 
fell into a dream 

seams splitting spit roasting my innards 
skin words kin wards eyes stole 
every moment it could chew 
to swallow then another 
couldn't breathe at first 
seemed every breath less a breath 
kite joy toed starlight 
swinging high fleet night 

rejoice, dance the hens again 
when Spring begins 
and Summer comes 
to let down her hair 
the ravens and the crows tell me 
fetch and leave stones 
mark the ways 
the reasons why 
sparrows and jays 
hark brightly 
my dirty knees and soles 
my palms to the blue 
my bare spine reach trees 
my eyes surrendered, squinting 
hinting the sweet smell 
between what is 
and what it is 
decay tills 
apathy kills slowly 
an unknown anything 
without passion seeding 
compassion 
the womb poem 
and you 

EJR © 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there ...