April 5, 2019

a dream realm spill over (a funhouse portal poem) ............................................................................................. #NaPoWriMo2019 #GloPoWriMo2019



into seam factories 
where skin gets sewn 
over flesh and bones 
I placed my bets 
my/our hopes 
spirit become filling 

the dolls were made to look like us 
at a time in our lives when we possessed 
or were possessed by great joy 
I never understood the power of a smile 
until I woke one morning longing for one 

I said to myself 
a sharp left 
while crossing a bridge 
is too far a choice rendered 
to make it back from 
poem in thought 
to what buys me another breath 

yes, poem says 
choose me 
to live 
to breathe 
to love to grieve 

I never believed 
in a soul having tones 
that could be fashioned into a language 
but there I was 
begging Morpheus 
to keep sowing my demise 
before my eyes 
would wake 
and peel/pull 
the Sun back over the rooftops 
across the streets 

I am filled with a sadness 
here, at the end of the poem 
perhaps I better call in to work 
and leave no doubt to how fast 
manic goes down hill lasting 
past the first cup of coffee 
perhaps another to turn the page 
maybe a small orange 
or that thought 
of you 
dolled up again 
remembering when 
we used to be
instead of some/one/thing else I see 


EJR ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there ...