April 2, 2018

did I stop being human ... #NaPoWriMo2018 Day 2

A June ago at the Poestenkill Gorge


(is driving through desire 
a wonder of what we've become 
consuming lonely only lies)



I think it is all humans' dream, 
to go back to where 
the rain and tides are born ...

I am blinded by the dashboard lights
not realizing there are ghosts 
riding every whistled freight train 
'bout to run me over
so when pushing other folks to safety 
I've one millisecond of freedom 
to live my lifetimes 
this is what I do 
repeatedly 
until eye/I get it 

right by the hole 
in my soul

yes 
this is why 
I yearn 
for a simple mountain life 
in the southern Boreals 
with abundant fresh water 
near the ends of poems 
where self sustainability 
can be maintained 
w/minimal outside assistance 
hand held bidets being 
converts to my causes 
squirt bottled needless toilet paper  
a-leaning towards loving you 
loving me again 
in this dystopian future 
of a poem that ends 
snowing in April 


EJR ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there ...