April 23, 2013

NaPoWriMo 2013 # 23...


art by Colin Johnson  ©

rooted to fantasy


tell me something
that makes me understand
so I can lie down
and sleep for awhile
without having any worry
about the world being
a different place entirely
when I wake

and
if by chance
I do not wake
or I do so
to a world
so foreign
no ventral stream
of color and shape
recognition can save me
or the world I want, please
bury me somewhere

bury me
so that fire
and rain
can play words
with my
decomposition
each poem
a half-life
a molecular
bond broken
a wish once, perhaps
a little dream
of you


EJR ©

11 comments:

  1. very touchingly and winningly sincerely....like this poem's seeming simplicity...

    ReplyDelete
  2. a little dream of you....cool close to a poem with thoughts of death...reminds me a bit of the rhyme we say to our kids at night...that close though really makes this for me...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as much as your sneaking into a friend's house to set up the china, did smile for me...many blessings, bright and bountiful...thank you...

      Delete
  3. The discomfort of the poet with the world around is well portrayed. I worried for you. But the ending was lovely, showed hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Astute observation...thank you for stopping by... :)

      Delete
  4. This resonates very well with experiences I've had. Your images keep coming and grow in emotional intensity, placing me the reader in a greater state of awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel the coolness of the unknown as it circulates in your mind as you drift to sleep..what will be at the waking state of a new day???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fear, especially of the unknown, provides powerful imagery clashing with reality in this piece. It's something I think many of us relate well to, especially with so much uncertainty in the air these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. bury me
    so that fire
    and rain
    can play words
    with my
    decomposition

    Wow... I really resonate with this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes to that first stanza.
    Such an interesting poem.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there ...