May 29, 2012

poem 169 of a poem a day for 2012



I don’t remember how to feel

tell me anything but the truth
in the absence of everything now
that I am reeling with depression
even the young child
I’ve harbored inside me
only goes swimming in wishing wells
if only to tell myself
there might be something
there for me on the other side
of my breathless running to hide
this world does not seem fit
for my humanity
nor anyone else’s that I can see
ghost forests fill with echoes
of what once was
if only because
the museums are
open to the paying crowds

the whole hole of the Sun
plays silhouettes with how
I’ve learned to run and stay
as far away from me as I can
this world cannot hold me
with its mechanical prowess
anymore as I long to be a window
smashed of its glass
and bleeding the wind
so I can curl and carve
my way back to where
that door is I came in

EJR ©

6 comments:

  1. "even the young child
    I’ve harbored inside me
    only goes swimming in wishing wells"
    SO BEAUTIFUL, what an image...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... especially this:

    "the whole hole of the Sun
    plays silhouettes with how
    I’ve learned to run and stay
    as far away from me as I can"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read this in a long time ... thank you for doing so ... seems appropriate for the whole of me now though :)

      Delete
  3. Seriously. This is awesome. It's one that every human can read, get, and relate to instantaneously. It should be one of the first you submit for publication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be onto something ... thank you

      Delete

Hello there ...