May 25, 2012

poem 167 of a poem a day for 2012



insanity on my shoulder

so we dance
a little pirouette
and we are so enrapt
with each other
we forget to inoculate
against apathy
and so we are here
at the edge of nothing more
to want in every window
that is becoming another closed door
as my body and soul
keeps hitting every bottom
as if I am a one act play
as if I am a thread bare day
as if I am only simple expression  
as if I am the infinite longing between seasons
my insanity knows I want
to mouth everything
and swallow nothing more
that I want to eat every intention
to be somewhere else
to be someone else
my insanity knows every time
I am the whore
and my own customer too
my insanity knows this
knows why my crawling is blind
knows what the fear in my heart does
knows there is always something
I never let the world be part of

knows there may be no way inside
everything I hide behind
when I cry songs of why
can’t I too feel being Loved
beyond the flat ocean monsters of two dimensions
with my etch-a-sketch memory implant
my insanity knows
I am holed up watching
what withering
in a silent reaching
for a piece of time will do
to cut me into paper-hearted grafted vines
of cast footprints in some eternally seeded afterbirth
fading into a mantled free will
that I, with a torch carried desire
will always want to
slow burn myself through
rusting like an old felled tree
giving back Love
for some other way to know
who I am

EJR ©

2 comments:

  1. "as my body and soul
    keeps hitting every bottom"

    Ha.

    This poem is excellent. Especially this:

    "as if I am a thread bare day
    as if I am only simple expression
    as if I am the infinite longing between seasons
    my insanity knows I want
    to mouth everything
    and swallow nothing more
    that I want to eat every intention"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Ha gives away a precipice of lace I find so appealing ... thank you again for getting me to re-read a poem I had long ago forgotten ... :)

      Delete

Hello there ...