January 2, 2012

poem 2 of a poem a day for 2012





the object in the mirror is closer than it appears


crawling out the window done
into where night seeds the Sun
what is it about me that longs like this
tearing my skin each time,renewed to kiss
moments that time has let slip
as even my loose cupped hands drip
with the sands I pour for a glass heart
with every thorn and peddled part
throwing myself against every wall
again and again I seek my own fall
a higher purpose to drive wingless ecstacy
hauling,climbing trying to keep love next to me


EJR (c)

1 comment:

  1. "throwing myself against every wall
    again and again I seek my own fall
    a higher purpose to drive wingless ecstacy
    hauling,climbing trying to keep love next to me"

    Man, isn't THAT the truth?!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there ...