January 18, 2012

poem 18 of a poem a day for 2012




 feeding my reflections in the rain



feral wind
sharp teeth
dug into a
Winter thin
at Spring's begin
crawling 
rooting
nourishing
my sins
as a way in


I find myself listening
to the heavy patter 
of the rain
on the window sill


everything in 
this noise is warm
stills me, slows me 
to an inside where 
everything goes 
or at least let's me feel 
movement being frozen 
to what flows

the moments held in this
condensation of my desires

like herbivores 
wading grasslands, 
and preying on night's
cover blooms
being pulled 
by the tides'
two-handed
guiding of them

are thirsty

with a dream
in their eyes
like windows clinging 
to water outside
one molecule at a time
knowing it's way back home

wood 
iron
brick
and
copper
carve
 electrical 
passages
                                     
 each danced
ghost step that
everyone
knows in a
towered 
Heaven 
fall

root yourself 
Edward
in the poem 
in the silted mud
in the loam that
time,marsh-reeds 
eggs for the high 
Sun again



EJR (c)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful:

    "everything in
    this noise is warm"

    "the moments held in this
    condensation of my desires"

    ReplyDelete

Hello there ...